Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Fun Test :)

Yesterday, I went with my paperwork to a testing lab to see what I needed to do for the urinalysis. The doctor ordered a 24 hour urine creatinine clearance, total protein count, and culture. I found out 24 hours literally means 24 hours of collecting urine. The woman at the testing lab explained that I should start at 7 or 8 a.m. on Tuesday (today) and collect all urine through 7 or 8 a.m. on Wednesday. After I have collected all the urine, I am suppose to bring it to the lab and have blood drawn also. These labs hopefully will help explain why my urine dipsticks are turned darker than they should be. I am thankful that I have doctors that care and want the babies and I to be safe. So collecting urine is my job until 8 a.m. tomorrow. :)

No comments: